Thursday 16 October 2014

My Experience: Swede Aftermath

After creating this swede, I have learnt many things about the film industry and have equally grasped different techniques and processes. Taking part in this swede has taught me how to control a JVC camera both on and off the tripod. This is a good lesson learnt as I am now prepared for future tasks and would have had the experience to say I controlled the filming aspect and also learnt from any mistakes I may have made.

I've most importantly learnt that in the film industry, it can be extremely difficult to find a starting point and to produce a plan in a certain amount of time. The initial idea is to start brainstorming different aspects of what your team can come up with together and combine all thoughts, and this is definitely something I've learnt to try and be quicker at. Another significant detail I'm glad to have learnt is the different angles and techniques filming contains. There is a huge variety of shots to use and ultimately, it's you who decides how the audience view your film. There is one rule that is essential to filming and that is the 180 degree rule. If you happen to cross the 180 degree line, it can confuse the audience and make them lose interest in what they're watching.

The last stage of making this swede was editing and I've definitely learnt a whole lot of new skills that will potentially help me later on. I was not familiar with the software Final Cut Pro before and my first time using it was admittedly a bit difficult, but also very interesting and fun. I learnt how to add many special features like transitions, slow motion and text. Overall, I believe I have gained many skills out of the swede making and have enhanced my knowledge on how tough the film industry can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment